Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bastion R3 and CT Scanners

Well it is hard to believe but our DET is getting ready to leave so I am thinking of things I haven't covered here. One is definitely the CT Scanners. Two 64 slice CT scanners with fancy software packages. They are very amazing.  The injection protocols are basically set up for multiphase so it is possible to see the "basic stuff" plus pretty much a whole body arteriogram, including run off to the extremities which we need alot. I am going to see if I can pack one of these scanners in my sea bag and take it home.
Pic is of 3D reconstruct and demonstrates another interesting topic: Proximal Vascular Control. Clamps are on the Common Iliac Arteries but the interesting part is how quickly and how well the external and internal iliac arteries reconstitute. This data and pictures is not available any where else in the world, simply because we are the only place that does this control and then CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment